Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Top Ten Tuesdays: Words/Topics That Instantly Make Me Buy/Pick Up A Book

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by the Broke and Bookish.

Just the mention of these words has me picking up a book, lol.

Top Six Words/Topics That Instantly Make Me Buy/Pick Up A Book:

1. Pirates
I love pirates! There's just something so! appealing about them! I love their arrogance at sea and their swordsmanship; I'm just so fascinated by their dangerous life in general, lol. I haven't read many books about pirates, but the ones that I did were really and interesting. There's one pirate series that I keep hearing great things about but have yet to get around to reading them since there are many books already out in the series, and they're all thick books. But I hope I'll get around to reading the Bloody Jack series this summer. :D

2. Dragons
Dragons are my favorite mythological creatures. They're so freaking awesome! They're just so awesomely powerful and majestic and asdfjkl; I can't even explain how much I love dragons. If I could own one or be friends with one, that would make my life. I think I first really liked dragons after I started reading Anne McAffrey's Dragons of Pern series when I was in middle school. Loved them ever since. :L There's a new series out that has dragons in them that I'm excited to read called Seraphina. Hopefully I'll get around to reading it this summer.

3. Cross-dressing
There's just something so hilarious about all of the situations that comes from cross-dressing that I almost immediately want to read a book or manga that has it in its summery. And I love it when the main characters realize just how difficult it is to be the opposite gender. That flash of realization really gets to me. Unfortunately for me, I haven't found many books that involves cross-dressing besides Babe In Boyland by Jody Gehrman (which I absolutely love!). However, I know that there are quite a bunch of cross-dressing manga out there that I can't wait to read. :L

4. Music/Bands
Even though I haven't been listening to music as much lately, I still love it so much, and books about music is just another extension of my love for music. I just love reading about how absorbed people become when they're making music whether its by themselves or in a band. That feeling that tells them that they're playing perfectly, that rush of adrenaline of performing, the high from creating something so beautiful together...that sense of unity between people doing something that they love together; those are what makes these books so incredible and makes me immediately want to read them.

5. Fantasy battles/war
I love getting caught up in a middle of a battle/war, especially of the fantastical nature. It's just so much more exciting reading about a fight to the death using magic or creatures as weapons instead of just guns and nuclear war. And because the battles use such out of the ordinary creatures and weapons, there are so many ways to turn a battle or war around, which just makes it even more exciting to read. 

6. Assassins
There are not enough books about assassins around! After getting to know Valek from Maria V. Snyder's Study trilogy, I was immediately interested in assassins since they're so badass. XD I've only heard of two other assassin books: Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas and Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers. I immediately bought both books because they involved assassins and had an awesome summery. Now I just have to read them and see if they're as awesome as they seem. 

No comments:

Post a Comment