Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by the Broke and Bookish.
Top Ten Favorite Kick-Ass Heroines:
1. Katsa from Graceling by Kristin Cashore
One of my favoritest of the favorite. She's so tough and independent and awesome.
2. Katniss from The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
3. Saba from Blood Red Road by Moira Young
Saba has her flaws, but her character growth really made me like her. And the whole cage-fight part of the book... girl is fierce.
4. Kid from The Unidentified by Rae Mariz
Young and meant to make mistakes, Kid had a quick wit and learned pretty quickly that something wasn't right.
5. Ellie from Tomorrow, When the War Began by John Marsden
Ellie also is not as fierce as most of the heroines on this list, but I liked her for her brutal honesty and the actions that she had to do. All of the characters in this book was kick-ass!
6. Yelena from Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder
I love her! Well, her and Valek. XD She's so crafty and smart and independent and the plot was so awesome! I loved this trilogy.
7. Max from The Angel Experiment by James Patterson
Snarky, brash, and always keeping up a tough attitude even when she's feeling down, but all for the sake of her flock. Yup, she's definitely one of my favorites, especially in the first three books in the series.
8. Sophie and Jenna from Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
These two are made of awesome. And lots of humor. And great powers, which they use to kick ass in different ways, lol.
9. Aura from Shade by Jeri Smith-Ready
The way that Aura handled things after every obstacle possible threw its way in her path just proved how strong and resilient she was.
10. Mulan from Mulan
No one said that I couldn't include movie characters, and Mulan is my favorite Disney movie ever. She's so awesome for doing her everything for her family instead of letting her dad go. And the fact that she dressed up as a dude made it so much more awesome.
Actually, there's this song that Miss A released a few weeks ago that I thought was pretty appropriate for this theme! It's called "I Don't Need a Man". Check it out!