Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Top Ten Tuesdays: Favorite Authors In Shojo Manga

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by the Broke and Bookish.

I've recently gotten back into reading manga again, and even though I don't have much time to read manga or real books in general, I figured it'd be nice to go back and remember all of my favorite shojo mangakas. :)

Top Seven Favorite Shojo Mangakas:
Vampire Knight was the manga that got me into shojo manga. I loved the story, plot, characters, art...everything. And while I was waiting for the next chapters to be released in Shojo Beat (does anyone remember that anthology before they had to quit, or am I an oldie now? o__o), I read all of her other works and loved them for the same reasons. Matsuri Hino's manga are always different with great art and funny comedic relief, so I love reading them.

I love her La Corda d'Oro series! Her art definitely improved as the series went on, but she always kept this amazing plot together with hints of romance and tension and cliffhangers. I can't wait to see what other series she'll come out with!


She only has one series out, but I love Maid-Sama! so much that I will read anything that she comes out with. That series is hilariously amazing even if it gets somewhat cliched at times. 
I've loved reading her work ever since I read Beast Master. Her short stories are generally cheesey, but I can't help but read them, lol. And I've recently read her newest series, Dengeki Daisy, and absolutely love it. It's definitely her best work yet, so funny and dramatic and heartwarming.

I've only read the first two volumes of Gakuen Alice, but her writing style really appeals to me, so I wish I had time to catch up with this series (there's 27 volumes?! D:).


Bisco Hatori
After reading Ouran High School Host Club and some of her oneshots, I was a fan. Her art is unique and her stories are always interesting, and I never know what to expect from her manga, lol.

Um, I love Kimi ni Todoke, and if I had more time, I would finish reading all available volumes and her other series, but college is super time-consuming and all I want to do is watch variety shows so. (There's 17 volumes out--when did this happen???)

No comments:

Post a Comment