Wednesday, October 17, 2012

I might get a bad grade on my midterm. ;__;

You remember from my other post about how I was stressing out because I wasn't sure if I would finish my Doc & Webdesign midterm on time, right? Well, surprisingly, I finished my proposal and made a logo and flyer and uploaded it all onto my website around 3:30 this afternoon. I checked to make sure that all of the links worked, so I thought that I was done! 

I felt pretty great--but mostly tired--thinking that I had finished my midterm with plenty of time to spare. I was wrong.

Around 11pm last night, I checked my website from my laptop to see if I missed anything and found out that my flyer wasn't showing on my website, so I took Shelle's car and drove to the engineering building to fix it. I thought that I was done, but I wanted to be completely sure, so I texted Shelle to check out my links from her laptop, and she said that my Word documents weren't showing up, so I spent the rest of the time trying to figure out what was wrong and trying to fix it. Shelle even came over to see if she could correct it, but even she didn't know why it wasn't working properly. And by the time that we gave up, it was already midnight, which was when the midterm was due. D:

Dr. Codone can check our websites' time stamps to see if we finished them on time or not, so I'm not sure if I'll have points taken off for that since it was around 12:02 when we quit. But I sent her an email explaining the situation, so hopefully she'll still accept my Word documents even though she can't access them on my website, which was how she said that she was going to grade everything and even though she asked us in class if we needed any help uploading anything onto our websites earlier today. 

Argh! I'm so mad at myself for not bothering to check my website on other computers earlier. I don't know if I could have fixed it either way, but still, at least I would have emailed Dr. Codone earlier and not have my time stamp saying that I did everything at midnight. ;__;

She sent me an email a few hours ago explaining why it didn't upload and how to fix it, but I'm still not sure if she'll take this as a late grade, and I have yet to go and fix it since my apartment is on the other side of campus of where the engineering building is, and I'm not sure if it's worth walking all the way over there right now when I have class in an hour and will be going to the engineering building in a couple of hours for class at six. :\

But either way, I'm way more willing to get points deducted for it being considered late (she never did say that she'll take it as a late grade or not...) than her not grading my documents at all. 

We'll see.

Later.


pointy.star

EDIT: Good news! Apparently, a lot of people had trouble uploading their documents online, so Dr. Codone extended the midterm's due date to the 18th so that she could help people out in class that day. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment