Monday, April 8, 2013

dat college lyfe :P

To me, I'm perfectly fine with being an introvert. There are many times where I would rather be by myself than around others. I need that alone time to de-stress without having to think or care about what others are thinking about. I need that time to do whatever I want without being interrupted or judged. I need some privacy.


But when I add in the fact that I'm a commuter in college, I end up losing a lot of opportunities to do things outside of classes. I already know less people since I don't have to live in a dorm full of students my age, and the fact that don't I generally prefer staying indoors on most of my weekends when I'm not working, makes my social life pretty small. And let's not forget to mention that I'm now only working on the weekends, so that takes away a lot of my free time.

So yeah, lately, I've realized that I haven't been making the most of my college experience. Yeah, I've made lots of friends, and even a close friend, and I've been to a bar and had a house party before, but that was all last semester. This semester is almost over, and I've barely done anything besides classwork, group work, and work. It's pretty sad. 

That's why I decided to go to a party with my sis the other week. That weekend, I was invited to two parties and to go to a club to meet up with Cullen, one of my best friends from elementary school. I wasn't even considering going to any of them because I was tired and didn't really want to try to socialize with a bunch of strangers, especially at a club. Then I realized that I wasn't doing myself any favors staying home procrastinating on doing some astronomy homework, so I went to the party with my sis.

It was really fun. I didn't even get drunk since we came around midnight and most of the booze was gone, lol. But it was hilarious talking to drunk people and hearing all of these crazy stories that everyone was telling. And the debates, man. XD I was glad I went. I hadn't laugh so much in such a long time.

Then, last week, I decided to help out at the Film Festival that took place on Saturday. One of the clubs that I'm in, Animercer, volunteered to help at the festival in exchange for some advertisements for the club to be played during the festival. I thought that it would be fun to help with since I wanted to watch all of the submitted videos anyway. And Lauren said that she would prolly do it with me, but she couldn't in the end. 

But it was still pretty fun. Mercer99 bought a lot of food because they weren't sure how many people would come, and they had set up a bunch of games to keep people entertained as we waited for nightfall so that we could see the screen (it took place outside), but not that many people showed up, so we had a lot of food to eat as we sat/stood around and talked. I ended up mainly talking to and getting to know the guys from Animercer who had showed up to also help. 

It's funny because even though we're all in the same club, I didn't really bother trying to get to know anyone in the club that I wasn't already friends with or introduced to by my friends in there. That's why I was pleasantly surprised to find out that it wasn't hard to talk to all of the guys in the club--but really, I shouldn't have been that surprised, we already have a lot in common: anime. :P We ended up standing around for an hour after the festival was over, still talking about anime, Tumblr, and other shows before deciding to relocate since it was cold, lol.

Lol, tumblr-speak. :P
That's how I ended up finally going to one of the Video Game club meetings since Adrian needed to get something from one of the members there and eventually going over to Michael, Cody, and Richard's apartment at the Lofts to chill and talk some more after we finally left the VG club. We ended up staying up until three, talking about a whole bunch of things: anime, adventures, alcohol, Macon's history, teachers, and classes. We even started watching Fooly Cooly, but we only finished the second episode because it was so late and the rest of the guys had to go back to their dorm in Mercer Hall and sleep because of work. I ended up sleeping on the couch in Richard's apartment since I didn't want to walk home at three in the morning. 

So yeah, that was my first time spending the night over at a guy's apartment. It was a little uncomfortable sleeping on the couch, but I was soon dead to the world, so it didn't take too long to sleep. And I ended up waking up around six hours later because I'm used to waking up around 10 no matter how late I sleep. -__-" 

Michael was bustling about in the kitchen and living room, so I ended up finally getting up around then, lol. It turned out that he was out until eight that morning working on his senior design project. And the dude had a paper due by one on the same day, and yet he still had the time to talk with me for a while before Cody woke up and he excused himself to finally work on that paper. I don't know how that guy functions on so little sleep. o__O

I only got around a total of 10 hours of sleep over the weekend, and I've been feeling sicky because of it since my immune system has gotten so low from lack of sleep! That, or it's allergies. Still not sure...

Even though I regretted getting so little sleep since I was dead tired at work yesterday, I'm glad that I decided to volunteer to help out with the Film Festival. If I didn't, I wouldn't have gotten to watch so many interesting videos and to know so many new people. Hanging out with those guys was fun. I've never really had many guy friends, so it's so new and cool and fun to finally hang out with a bunch of guys who I can easily get along with.

So I guess what I'm trying to say throughout this post is this: I've been so busy with classes and work and having enough me time that I've neglected to bother with socializing, even with the friends that I have now. But I'm trying to change that. I'm just taking baby steps. 

So, whilst I'm busy trying to do all of my group work and homework and studying, I'm going to try to be more social. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment