Friday, September 21, 2012

Don't take beds for granted.

So, I've been living in my shared apartment for a while now, and I like it enough. It's not what I'm used to but at the same time, it is--it's just not as new as my house. Like, one of the stove thinger isn't working and the carpet's really thin, and the walls are pretty thin so we can hear our neighbor's loud, obnoxious, thumping music. But I've grown used to it.

And I've grown used to climbing up a ladder to get to the top bunk of the bunk bed that I share with my sis. (I totally called dibs on the top bunk since I hate hitting my head trying to sit up on the bottom bunk, while my sis doesn't like sleeping on the top bunk since she thinks that she'll fall off the bed to her death, lol, so our bed situation worked out perfectly.) It took a while get used to having significantly less bed space than I'm accustomed to, but I've accepted it quickly and easily (I sleep curled up in a ball anyway.).

But then, last weekend, we went home to do our laundry and get last minute items, and I guess I was more tired than I thought or I just really missed my bed, because I slept in a lot longer than I was expecting. You see, for the past week, I've been waking up around eight in the morning regardless how late or early my classes have been, so I was expecting to wake up around that same time on Saturday. But I wake up and my clock tells me that it's already eleven o'clock, and I'm just lying in bed dazed because that could not be true.

But yeah, I saw this article on BuzzFeeds about ways to rethink your bed, and I'm just having this bed lust right now, lol. There are so many cool and awesome looking beds in there! Here are some of my favorites:


Maybe some day I can open my closet and be in Narnia instead of my bed. :D




I don't like having lights on in my room when I go to sleep, but those lights are soo cool, lol.

This appeals greatly to my bookworminess, lol.
Now I really want to read and get a new bed. The dilemmas of being a poor college student, lol.


Edit: I wrote this post a couple of weeks ago and totally forgot about it. Figured it was better late or never to post it. :P The stove thinger works now. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment