[yes, there can be a difference]
Because all of my favorite books are also the best books I've read of all time, my list is pretty easy, lol.
- Bloomability by Sharon Creech
- Little Brother by Cory Doctorow
- Unwind by Neal Shusterman
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
- Graceling by Kristin Cashore
- The Year of Secret Assignments by Jaclyn Moriarty
- My Most Excellent Year by Steve Kluger
- Drums, Girls, & Dangerous Pie by Jordan Slonnenblick
- Tomorrow, When the War Began by John Marsden
I can't even describe how much I love these books. They are all amazing in their own way. I highly recommend that you read at least half of these books since they're sort of divided between contemporary and fantasy/science fiction.