Wednesday, September 26, 2012

26. You Judged a book by it's cover - and it was amazing.

I Hunt Killers by Barry Lyga had an awesome title, an awesome summary, and an awesome cover. Then, when I read an ARC of the book, I found out that the book was equally awesome on the inside.

There was so much win in I Hunt Killers. The writing style was fantastic--it sucked you in immediately and kept you glued to the pages until the very end. The main character was amazingly real, charismatic and resourceful and honest about himself. The plot was ingenious--I mean, how many books have you read where your father was an infamous serial killer who taught you his trade while you were young? And the side characters were fleshed-out and equally awesome. What more can you ask for in a book?

I can't wait for the sequel! The twist in the end was like opening up Pandora's box; the series can go in so many awesomely different directions! April 2013 is too far away. D:

No comments:

Post a Comment