Thursday, September 27, 2012

27. A book you want to like, but can’t get into for whatever reason.

When Beautiful Creatures first came out, I was so excited to read it. It sounded mysterious and awesome, and since I live in the South, I wanted to see how it was portrayed in the book. Plus, one of my friends had read it and really enjoyed it.

I eventually got a copy of the book and a its sequel before I started reading it. I think I was reading another book at the time, so Beautiful Creatures was put on the back-burner since it wasn't as interesting. Then, before I knew it, a few months had passed, and I couldn't bring myself to read the book since I was basically have to start back from the beginning to remember what happened since there were so many details  in it that I forgot about.

And I think another factor for why I never finished it was because the book was pretty boring, the 100+ pages of it that I had read. Yeah, there were some interesting parts and characters, but the insta-love and weird things happening that weren't being explained made it confusing and somewhat boring. Plus, the book has over 500 pages, and I guess its daunting size also made me not want to finish it. Thick books tend to be slow in the beginning before getting to the really good parts, and I just didn't want to slough through all of that to get somewhere good.

Plus, I figured I'd just go watch the movie once it comes out to see if I'm ever interested in reading the series again.

No comments:

Post a Comment