Tuesday, September 25, 2012

25. You Judged a book by it's cover - and it was awful.

I absolutely loved the cover of The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff, so I had to immediately buy the book as soon as it came out. Although it took me a year to finally get to reading the book, I still had extremely high  hopes that the book would be all sorts of amazing since the cover and summary made it seem so.

It wasn't. At best, it was okay. The author tried to make everything spooky and mysterious so everything was so slow and vague in the beginning, that it was hard to get into the book. Then, I really didn't like the main character since he was always so scared and afraid to even admit to himself what he really was. It took him forever to finally do something, and by that time, I didn't even care if he died or not.

The book wasn't awful--it was just disappointing. That's all I can say.

No comments:

Post a Comment