Sunday, September 9, 2012

8. Your favorite quotes from books.

I have a few quotes from Beauty Queens by Libba Bray that I loved since they were so hilarious and true.

"What are you even saying? You just made my brain die a little."

Stud Muffin Body Spray for Guys: Get your stud on with Stud Muffin Body Spray for Guys, the only body spray made with beer and man sweat and guaranteed to make girls frolic with you in a hot tub.

Adiana appealed to the sky. "We asked for rescue and you sent us incompetent rockstar pirates with a broken ship and perfect abs?"
"Thank you, God," Petra said.

"I don't care. If I like somebody, I like her, and that's that." He thumped his chest and made a scowly face. "Let 'em come for me. I will stare down the mob with their pitchforks! I will make a speech about tolerance and love! I will show them the folly of their ways! And then I will grab your hand and run like hell because, Jesus, a mob with pitchforks?"
 (lol, so romantic! :P)



I have acknowledged your existence, peon. Do not ask for more. 

- Libba Bray, Going Bovine

You've been assigned an identity since birth. Then you spend the rest of your life waliking around in it to see if it really fits. You try on all these different selves and abandon just as many. But really, it's all about dismantling all that false armor, getting down to what's real. 
- Libba Bray, Going Bovine

You could do worse than to be amazed.
- Catherine Ryan Hyde, Becoming Chloe


I don't usually keep tabs of my favorite quotes since I'm usually too lazy to find something to mark them with, so yeah...

No comments:

Post a Comment