Friday, March 29, 2013

Dusty Reads: The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1) by Julie Kagawa

Dusty Reads is a weekly post featuring a book that has been sitting unread on my home shelf for some time.

Title: The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1)
Author: Julie Kagawa
Pages:363
Publication: February 1, 2010
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Summary taken from goodreads:
Meghan Chase has a secret destiny; one she could never have imagined.

Something has always felt slightly off in Meghan's life, ever since her father disappeared before her eyes when she was six. She has never quite fit in at school or at home.

When a dark stranger begins watching her from afar, and her prankster best friend becomes strangely protective of her, Meghan senses that everything she's known is about to change.

But she could never have guessed the truth - that she is the daughter of a mythical faery king and is a pawn in a deadly war. Now Meghan will learn just how far she'll go to save someone she cares about, to stop a mysterious evil no faery creature dare face; and to find love with a young prince who might rather see her dead than let her touch his icy heart.
I got this book for review a couple of years ago and have yet to read it. At the time, I only heard great reviews for the book and how everyone couldn't wait for the sequel to come out. I guess that's why I kept on holding off on reading it. I didn't want to have to wait a year for the next book to come out, so I just kept it in a review pile, waiting for the right time to read it. 

By the time the third book came out, everyone was still gushing about the series, but I still didn't want to go into it because I didn't know if it was going to be like the House of Night series: endless. I didn't know how many books were going to be out, so I wasn't sure if I could commit to yet another long series.

Luckily, there were only four books in this series, but the hype has kept from wanting to read it--that and time constrains, but that's nothing new. :P Ever since the beginning, this series has gotten such awesome reviews that I'm afraid that I will be disappointed because of my high expectations. It's happened plenty of times over the past years, but at the same time, I've loved a lot of really hyped up books, so it's a fifty/fifty chance. 

One of these days, I'm going to sit down and read the whole series. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment