Saturday, April 21, 2012

Sequels of Series That I Want to Finish Reading NOW

There are so many series out now that it's insanely hard to keep up with even just a handful of them. I can hardly keep up with any of my series anymore since I don't have enough time to read all of them or the money to buy them since I am now jobless (but hey! I'm slowly starting to look for jobs now. :D).

When I first started getting into YA, I was borrowing piles of books from my local library every week, so it wasn't that hard to continue a series since the library could easily get books from other libraries. But for the past year or two, I stopped going to the library and started buying my own books, so now I have too many books, too little time, and too many series that I have yet to read or yet to read the sequels or whatever number in the series.

The thing that I hate the most about series are the long waits in between book releases. Usually, before reading the next book in a series, I have to go back to the previous book and skim it to refresh myself on what happened. I'm fine with doing that, but I still find it a hassle sometimes, and that's the main reason why it takes me so long to continue reading a series.

But yeah, there were some series that I have been dying to read ever since I bought the latest books in the series, but as time passed, the need to read them slowly went away as they gathered dust under piles of other TBR books. But every once in a while as I look at my favorites shelf, I remember the greatness of the series that I read and suddenly feel the need to read the next books in the series that I own and have yet to read.

These are some of those books:
Spell Bound by Rachel Hawkins
Shift by Jeri Smith-Ready
Linger and Forever by Maggie Stiefvater
Supernaturally by Kiersten White
Hallowed by Cynthia Hand
Spells by Aprilynne Pike
Only the Good Spy Young by Ally Carter
Frostbite by Richelle Mead
The Iron Codex by Caitlin Kittredge

I've decided to start a new meme called TBR Books That I Want to Read since my TBR pile is so huge, I can categorize it into many different lists. I think that making the lists will be a great reminder and incentive for me to read more so that I can cross the books off of my list and feel like I accomplished something, lol. Expect to see more lists soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment