Thursday, April 12, 2012

Kpop Love

If you haven't been following my blog for the past two or three years, you probably wouldn't have known how much of a Kpop fan I've been ever since I got into it in middle school. I'm not going to bore you with the story of why and how I got into Kpop because you can pretty much tell from reading my older posts--and because I really don't have the time to write all of it down again. :P

Some of my all-time favorite Kpop groups are:
DBSK (before they split up ;__;)
Super Junior
Beast
Big Bang
SHINee
MBLAQ

If you couldn't tell, I really like guy groups, lol, and SM artists tend to be my favorites even though they have so many negative stories concerning their label's practices.

SM recently had a new group debut called EXO, and what's so unique about them is that they're split up into two subgroups, EXO-K is their Korean group and EXO-M is their Mandarin group. They're going to simultaneously promote their songs in both China and Korea. It's pretty cool. I really liked their music video even though the Engrish had me laughing a little.

This is the Korean version. I loved how the intro was completely in English, even though some parts were a little awkward sounding and unclear. And the dancing! I love their style! XD


And Big Bang recently had a comeback a few weeks ago, and I'm still in love with their songs! They released three music videos, and even though they're really quirky and GD always has weird hairstyles, the music is always amazing.

Out of the three music videos, I really liked Blue and Bad Boy. Fantastic Baby is also really good, but I feel like I would get tired of it easily if I listened to it so much. Although Bad Boy catchy, too, it's a different type of catchy. The music is more laid-back, reggae-ish style, so it's not a beat that you're used to listening to, which makes it all the more catchy and pleasing to listen to.

Hear it yourself.


Anyway, I love how there are so many international Kpop fans around the world who also like sharing their love for their favorite groups. It's really awesome finding a blog with similar interests who also likes listening to Kpop.

And I seriously think Kpop fans are the coolest fangirls/fanguys ever. They're so passionate and vocal about their favorite groups or members, and they squeal and make hilarious gifs whenever they see something that an idol does that they like, and it's just amazing.

This whole community is amazing. Sure, they are occasional fanwars or haters hating on one idol, but doesn't that happen everywhere? Every community has it's ups and downs, but I think that the Kpop community's charity and love for their groups really make up for everything.

If you're new to the whole Kpop scene, youtube is a great place to watch variety shows of your favorite groups, and allkpop is a great place to find out the lastest news about Korean celebrities, especially idols. In addition, Korean Entertainment Portal has a bunch of links to English subbed videos of Kpop groups and popular variety shows, and SHOUTcast has Kpop internet radio stations that plays recent songs and also tells you the title and artist so you can listen to new songs and find new artists to follow.

I hope that this post helped inspire you to go out of your comfort zone to try listening to something different.

No comments:

Post a Comment