Friday, April 6, 2012

Far East Movement

Bearstock is next Saturday, and the headliners are Far East Movement and Yellowcard! I was beyond excited when I first heard the news a few weeks ago since I love both bands.

According to their website, "Far East Movement (also known as FM) has bridged the gap between underground party records and mainstream hip-hop and pop. They blend elements of hip-hop, pop, electro and dance to create an original sound and lifestyle they call ‘Free Wired’."


There's a lot more to it on their site, but I didn't want to make this a long post since I don't have much time.


Anyway, Far East Movement is known for their song "Like a G6". It was overplayed once it came out, and with it's catchy chorus, it wasn't hard for it to dominate radio stations.


I liked "Like a G6", but I really loved "Rocketeer", the song that they released after "Like a G6". Listen to it! It's more slow but still catchy, and the video was pretty cool, too.


Anyway, I'm just generally excited for the whole concert since I don't have to babysit this year, which means that I'll be able to see the whole concert! :) Here's the rest of the bands performing. I've only heard of a couple of them, so I hope I'll be able to find a new band to like there.

No comments:

Post a Comment