Friday, April 13, 2012

Lucille Clifton

Did you know that April is National Poetry Month? I didn't until earlier this week. -__-" 

It's funny since I never really liked poetry just because I could never make sense of them--well, except for haikus because they always seemed the most straightforward, lol. It wasn't until this year that I've truly started to really enjoy poetry. The ironic part is that I started liking to read poetry after I started writing Poetry Responses every week for AP Lit, which I usually bemoan doing every week.

But yeah, thought that I'd post a few poems that I liked throughout this month that still fits with the challenge's theme in celebration of National Poetry Month.

If you didn't know, Lucille Clifton is a poet. :P I really liked this one poem that she wrote. It's short, sweet, and to the point.
"why some people be mad at me sometimes" 
they ask me to remember
but they want me to remember
their memories
and i keep on remembering
mine

No comments:

Post a Comment