Sunday, February 9, 2014

Making Up For Lost Time? Intelligence, Almost Human, and The Tomorrow People

In my house, we have this rule: no tv on school nights. My siblings and I have always followed this rule, and as a result, I never watched tv that much. When I was a kid, I'd watch cartoons and Disney Channel on the weekend and be good. When I was in high school and my first year of college, I was never really interested in watching tv, but I think that was mainly because I was really into reading, lol.

Really, it was because of this rule that my sis and I got so into reading. :P

But anyway, I can't help but wonder if my new hobby of watching tv shows is also because of this rule. Am I making up for all of the lost time I had of watching tv shows when I was younger? Is it because watching shows is quicker than reading books, and I just am in need of a new hobby now that I've been reading less?

All I know is that this new hobby of mine is kind of getting out of hand, lol. In the past week, I started watching and caught up with three new series: Intelligence, Almost Human, and The Tomorrow People. They're all currently ongoing, so along with all of my other shows I'm currently watching, I'm keeping track of six shows this semester in addition to trying to catch up with even more series like Sherlock and Once Upon a Time.

So along with the shows I mentioned in my last post about shows I'm currently watching, let me talk about the three new shows I just finished catching up on. 

Intelligence

I just really like all of the characters in here. They all have their individual quirks and, with five episodes out, I'm slowly getting to know them. Plus, I think Gabriel's ability is pretty cool. :) Also, I really like Gabriel and Riley's chemistry; one scene in that last episode just made me want to be like that "now kiss" meme, lol. It does not help that they are both really attractive people, and I just want them to be attractive together. XD

Almost Human

I think I watched Almost Human right after Intelligence because it had a similar premise, but instead of having technology inside of your mind, you had artificially intelligence robot partners instead. But yeah, I ended up enjoying this series because of its characters and the random, but hilarious comic relief. Also, I can see hints of bromance that is supposed to cater to fangirls, and I'm not totally sure if I ship them or not, lol. I'm kind of sad that this season is almost over already though...

The Tomorrow People

This series is definitely the most dramatic of the three, but that's probably because the main characters are all teenagers who are a hunted species. Can't say I was a big fan of the love triangle near the beginning (because for once, the established pairing was the other two main characters and I wanted it to stay that way!), but with the way that things are going now, I don't even know who to ship anymore, lol. But this definitely an absorbing series, and I'm kind of sad that I didn't just wait until the season was over before starting it, because I would much prefer marathoning it like I did with the first 13 episodes to save myself from the suspense every week. 

What's even worse is this insane urge to start another new series. -__-"

No comments:

Post a Comment