Monday, January 20, 2014

I'm screwed (until I get my act together)

It's been two weeks since this semester's started, and I've been acting like Winter Break has never ended. .__.

What I mean is that I've been so lazy that I haven't felt like studying or reading over any chapters for any of my classes or doing anything really, for most of my classes. I do the homework that I'm given a day before its due and keep on procrastinating on everything else, instead opting on watching tv shows and anime.

It's terrible. Netflix is enabling my addicting with its easy convenience, lol. Yesterday, I just finished watching the first season of Fairy Tale, which was 48 episodes long. I started it on Wednesday. -__-" It was so addicting though! Especially after you got past the first two or three episodes and started having character arcs.


And now I've found out that the anime already has four seasons out for a total of 175 episodes. I don't know if I can contain my addiction enough so that I don't spend all of my free time not marathoning the rest of the available seasons. -__-" My sense of self-control is so very weak at the moment; I already started watching season two last night...

This is not good because I have three big tests at the end of the month, covering a lot of material that I haven't even really payed that much attention to in class this whole time, so I'm screwed if I can't get my act together and start studying, like, right now. D:

It's just... I really hate lecture style classes. They're boring, and most of the time, I don't get half of what the professor's talking about because I'm too busy writing down notes off of the board. Even if some of my professors uploads the PowerPoints online, I still have to take notes or else I fall asleep in class, so either way, I'm not retaining much info.

Obviously, I should research and learn about different learning methods so that I will do better in those classes, but so far, besides recording the lectures and listening to them again later (which sounds equally sleepy and boring), I haven't found any other methods. And I'm too lazy to try to find another method since I'm supposed to be studying. :P

So yeah, I'm basically screwed until I can get my act together. :\

No comments:

Post a Comment