Wednesday, February 1, 2012

January in Retrospect

I thought I'd do a monthly post about how many books I had read in a month and keep track of my challenges and such. These posts will most likely vary depending on what happens every month. :P

This month, I read:
  • The Iron Thorn by Caitlin Kittredge
  • DJ Rising by Love Maia
  • Courtney Crumrin and The Night Things by Ted Naifeh
  • Angel Burn by L.A. Weatherly
  • The Avalon Chronicles vol. 1 by Nunzio DeFilippis, Christina Weir, & Emma Vieceli
  • Wither by Lauren DeStefano
  • Kaokuma Lion by Shou Ichikawa 
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky

I finally finished reading Crime and Punishment last night! \o/ In the end, it wasn't that bad. :P 


As for my challenges, I'm nowhere near finishing any of them, lol. Good thing it's only been the first month of the year.

For this month, I reviewed and did some mini reviews on these books, the majority being books that I had read near the end of last year... -__-"

Also, I started doing a new meme called Dusty Reads where you basically showcase a book that you own that's been on your TBR list for a while. I'm still doing Top Ten Tuesdays, but for the days when I don't want to do those posts, I figured I'd do Dusty Reads as a reminder of all of the books that I have had for a long time and still need to read.

As for movies, I'm surprised that I watched this much considering that I've mainly only had the time to watch them during the first half of the month. 

I watched: 
  • Terminator 3 - Rise Of The Machines (2003)
  • Attack On The Pin-Up Boys (2007) [rewatched]
  • Red Riding Hood (2011)
  • Terminator Salvation (2009)
  • Paradise Kiss (2011)


As you can see, I watched an odd bunch of movies since I recently got back into watching Asian movies and dramas. Even though the characters usually act too extreme and I usually end up cringing once or twice during a movie or episode, I can't seem to stop watching them...

The only drama that I watched this month was Ouran High School Host Club, which was pretty short and made me want to go reread the manga so that I can finally catch up with the lastest volumes being released!

And the only anime that I watched during this month was Uta no Prince-sama - Maji Love 1000%, which I was one of those typical shojo anime with a Mary Sue character that I really knew was a waste of my time, but I couldn't stop watching it anyway. The main thing that made me finish watching it was the fact that they sung in every episode. I heard that they're making a second season of this, but I don't really know if I'll ever watch it.

So yeah, I really need to read more. I'm very disappointed in the amount of books that I read this month. As for everything else, I think I'm doing pretty fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment