Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Dusty Reads: Leviathan (Leviathan, #1) by Scott Westerfeld


Dusty Reads is a weekly post featuring a book that has been sitting unread on my home shelf for some time.

Title: Leviathan (Leviathan, #1)
Author: Scott Westerfeld
Pages: 440
Publication: October 6, 2009
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Summary taken from goodreads:
It is the cusp of World War I. The Austro-Hungarians and Germans have their Clankers, steam-driven iron machines loaded with guns and ammunition. The British Darwinists employ genetically fabricated animals as their weaponry. Their "Leviathan" is a whale airship, and the most masterful beast in the British fleet. 
Aleksandar Ferdinand, a Clanker, and Deryn Sharp, a Darwinist, are on opposite sides of the war. But their paths cross in the most unexpected way, taking them both aboard the Leviathan on a fantastical, around-the-world adventure....One that will change both their lives forever.
I actually own the whole trilogy, and I'm not exactly sure why I haven't read this book yet. Probably because it was under a huge pile of books, lol. 

Like the others, I shall read this book! ...one day! XD

No comments:

Post a Comment