Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Books I Want to Reread in 2012

A few weeks ago, Katie over at Call Me Crazy did this post about some books that she wants to reread this year, and I wanted to do a similar post since there are tons of books that I want to reread but never have the time to since I'm barely reading my TBR books as it is. D:

Lately, after I finished reading Crime and Punishment, I've been having a hard time staying interested in all of the books that I've been reading since then (this is only with books though; I'm still pretty okay with manga, lol). I don't know if it's because I'm just not in the mood for the type of books that I'm reading or if they're just not my type of books or if I've hit another little reading slump.

So I'm thinking about rereading some of these books to remind myself just how awesome books are. :)
Katsa and Po are some of my most favorite characters ever. I want to go back to their world and experience everything with them again. Graceling was much better than its prequel, Fire, and in my opinion, it was because the characters were a lot more amazing than the characters in Fire, where the protagonist was a bit too Mary Sue for my liking. Plus, Bitterblue is finally coming out this year!!! I CANNOT WAIT! I don't know if it'll be better than Graceling since it's not focused on Katsa and Po, but the summary said that characters from past books in the trilogy/series were going to be in it, so I am super excited either way. :D

This was the first book that I had read that made me tear up. It was so heartbreaking and moving, and I love the brothers' relationship because it was so believable, which made everything that had happen so much more sad and hopeful and guh. I want to reread this now. Plus, I finally bought the sequel last year, and I would very much like to read it, lol.
With the threat of SOPA and PIPA last week, my sister told me that people were already creating something similar to Xnet in case the bills were passed, which definitely piqued my interest (and totally had me in awe of whoever was doing it) and made me want to reread this book because it could have been what our future would soon be like if those bills were passed along with some other legal stuff like the ACTA trade agreement. I'm not sure what the turnout for that bill was or if it's even been voted on yet, but I really hope that it won't be passed either.


I lent Krista this book a while ago because I thought that she would like it, and she did. And I totally forgot half of the things that she talked about, lol, since it had been years since I had read the book. -__-" That's why I want to reread it! I'm pretty sure that I'll still laugh my head off when I reread it, because it's a generally hilarious book with awesome characters and epic pranks. Plus, it's Australian and written in letters and emails and fliers. Who doesn't love books like that? XD

I had already read this book and If I Stay last year, but I want to reread Where She Went again because it's just so good! Actually, I have the audiobook for Where She Went, and I really want to listen to the whole audiobook because I love the narrator's voice! It totally sounds like how I imagined Adam to sound like! I think the audiobook will just make the book sound even better, so I want to listen to it sometime soon.

I won an ARC of this book last year and totally loved it. Even though Saba acted a bit awkward at some parts and it took some time to get used to the writing, I loved the book. There was so much action and tension and anticipation. And the characters were pretty awesome. I want to reread this book before the sequel comes out. I'm so friggin excited for it! XD

This is definitely my favorite out of all of Ellen Hopkins' books that I have read. The characters, the writing, the twist... greatness. Ellen Hopkins has this writing style that just sucks you in until you stop for a minute and realize that you're already halfway through the book. I had zoomed through this book the first time I had read it, so I think I'd be able to go through it slower this time and be able to see little details that I had originally missed. Really, I'm curious to see if there were any clues throughout the book about the twist at the end. :P

This book. :D I loved it the first time I read it. All of the characters were so awesome and the plot was so good and the secret of the Shift is so mysterious that I want to reread Shade first before reading the sequel so that I won't miss any little details that would make the book even better. If you haven't already guess, I have high expectations for the sequel, lol. Plus, how can you not like Zachary? He has a Scottish accent! XD

Words cannot explain how much I enjoyed this book the first time I read it. It was utterly captivating. When I wasn't squealing over Sam and Riddle and the fact that they finally get to experience what a real family feels like, I was cheering them on when the bad thing happened and was inwardly cursing the person who did it. I just. I think this is my all-time favorite contemporary book. I could reread this book forever.

I think it has already been proven that Australian authors are amazing. Tomorrow, When the War Began is the first book in a series, and I can't believe that I haven't already bought the rest of the series to devour. But before I do, I must revisit this book first and immerse myself in Ellie's world where a foreign country has taken over there town and the subtle shift in her group of friends' relationship as they are left to fend for themselves while trying to figure out what the heck is going on. Also, I saw the movie version of this last year and absolutely loved it (and not just because the actors were all Australian and therefore were wonderful to hear talking XD), and I think that the sequel is coming out this year, so I can't wait for that too!

Sometime last year, I found out that there was a sequel to this epic book. It's coming out later this year. I must reread this book and then devour Unwholly. What I loved about this book is similar to what I loved about Little Brother, the whole unexpected leader of a revolution aspect. And a gripping story, original story.   That's why I can't want to reread both of those books!


This book is like the fantasy version of what I loved in Unwind and Little Brother since it involves magic and the help of unexpected paranormal allies. Instead of a government or country dictatorship ruling, The Cry of Icemark is about a little country defending itself from an evil empire, and there's so much action and adventure and power in that book, I just want to go back and experience everything in it again. I read this in middle school twice and absolutely loved it both times. I want to reread it again and hope that I still love it as much as I did back then.

This book was nothing like what I had expected. I didn't really have much expectations for it since I had only heard that it was a great series and that Yelena was a kickass heroine, but I'm so glad that it lived up to its hype. The characters were awesome, the plot was original, the action was great, the romance wasn't over the top and forced, and the setting was pretty interesting. I have to say that this book was my favorite out of the trilogy, which is why I want to go back to the beginning when Yelena was just given the chance to be a poison taste-tester and her whole adventure was about to start.

I just realized that all of these books are some of my favorites. -__-" No wonder I want to reread them so badly! They're my favorites for that reason! XD

I also want to mention that I would really like to rewatch V for Vendetta again. All of these anonymous attacks and messages on youtube has me wanting to see the original anonymous, V. XD

No comments:

Post a Comment