Thursday, December 29, 2011

This Year...

Bookwise, this year has been very interesting. 

I've read a variety of books this year, excluding YA. I've read graphic novels, children's books, manga, manhwa, middle grade, poetry, classics, anthologies, ebooks, and listened to an audio book. It's crazy since I would have never expected to read half of those things I just mentioned. 

This year, I really expanded my horizon (and not just in books), and I'm definitely liking it. For example, my clothing style. I used to think that I was just a jeans and a t-shirt girl, but now, I've grown comfortable enough to wear tight shirts and v-necks, even though I know that I'm not as endowed as most would need to pull them off. :P Plus, I've realized my love for cardigans and beanies--even though I don't have as many occasions to wear hats since I'm in school half of the time. 

And I've seem to understand my style. If I had to put it in a category, the closest one would probably be Indie, as Krista told me a while ago. My usual outfits consists of skinny jeans, Converses, a t-shirt, a light jacket, and a side-bag if I need to carry a lot of small stuff. Add my black round glasses that seems to come into style this year, I almost fit in the emo style category if I wore heavy eye makeup and whatnot. But whatever; it's not like I'm trying to dress like a stereotype. :P


Speaking of stereotypes, my friends and I can't seem to classify ourselves, lol. We're honor kids, but we don't fit in with the smart jocks and preps, we don't fit in with the odd social outcasts... we hang around the fringes of the cool geeks. And I'm okay with that because that just means that my group of friends are a lot closer since there's less chances of exclusions, and I'm grateful for that since I opened up a whole lot to my friends this year. Wondering and agonizing college decisions and helping each other through the woes of crushes and doing crazy stuff in the middle of the night, I've never had a better year of high school. 

The freedom of being able to get out of the house and go somewhere because you can drive (or your friends can drive :P) gave us so many opportunities to hang out and bond outside of school, which made us even closer. And also made us do some stupid, impulsive things (mainly Meethu, lol) that we end up both regretting and not, but I guess it's just us growing up, right?

I still can't believe that in a couple of months, I will be graduating next year. I'll be going to college, and who knows how I'll survive. I really hope that I'm not going to be one of those kids who do so well in high school and then crash and burn once they go to college. -__-" But I won't be totally alone; Shelle's still going to be there during my first year (I think...), and I'll have Meethu enduring with me, even though we have different majors and whatnot.

...

Wow, when I first started writing this post, I was fully intending on making it strictly book-related, but look where that went after the first two paragraphs, lol.

Anyway, before I go, I wanted to talk about the challenges I did this year. I joined seven challenges, and six of them had set goals. And guess what. I finished all of them except for one! :D I was only 10 books away from completing the Hoarder level in the Off The Shelf challenge. I guess I'll just have to try to accomplish that challenge next year. 

Actually, I've already found some more challenges to do next year. I'll prolly post a complete list of them all in the next few days. 

On another random note, I finally finished the first season of Fringe last night. Now I see why Shanice likes it so much. The mystery, the suspense, the action, the crime scenes, the characters (oh Walter, you crazy mad scientist XD), the intellect, the humor, the anticipation, the twists... Need I go on? XD I'm so glad that I bought the second season when I bought the first season during Black Friday. :D

And now, I must leave. :P


pointy.star

No comments:

Post a Comment