Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Upcoming YA [and Other] Books to Movies

Since it seems like Hollywood has run out of original movie ideas, a lot of YA books have been optioned to be made into movies, which is pretty awesome. Although I usually prefer the books to the movies, I still go out and watch the movies just to see the difference of how I pictured scenes from the book to be compared to how the movie adaptation was.

While on IMDb, I came across some lists of YA books being made into movies, the majority being upcoming movies that are being released in the next few years. So, I thought I'd share the news since I was definitely surprised to find out how many famous series were being made into movies.

I'm only going to show movies that have not been released yet since you guys already know which books to movies have already came out. Since most of these movies are still in the pre-production and in development stages, there isn't much info about the movies and the release dates are most likely going to change.

UPCOMING YA BOOKS TO MOVIES:

And here's a list of other upcoming books to movies that don't fit the YA genre. The majority of these are famous classics or adult books.

OTHER UPCOMING BOOKS TO MOVIES:
So, that's it. I can't wait to see a lot of these movies especially since I've already read or own the majority of the YA upcoming movies. If you haven't heard of some of the titles, they're not hard to find on goodreads or amazon.

Also, did you know that The Yellow Wallpaper was made into a movie? I read the short story by Charlotte Perkins Gilman in American Lit last year and was a little spooked at how the story and writing went. 


Anyway, I've got to go and finish packing while trying not to fall asleep. :P

Ciao!


pointy.star

No comments:

Post a Comment