Monday, May 9, 2011

Book Review: I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies, #1) by Pittacus Lore

Title: I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies, #1)
Author: Pittacus Lore
Pages: 440
Publication: August 3, 2010
Publisher: HarperCollins
Summary taken from goodreads:
In the beginning they were a group of nine. Nine aliens who left their home planet of Lorien when it fell under attack by the evil Mogadorian. Nine aliens who scattered on Earth. Nine aliens who look like ordinary teenagers living ordinary lives, but who have extraordinary, paranormal skills. Nine aliens who might be sitting next to you now.

The Nine had to separate and go into hiding. The Mogadorian caught Number One in Malaysia, Number Two in England, and Number Three in Kenya. All of them were killed. John Smith, of Paradise, Ohio, is Number Four. He knows that he is next.

I AM NUMBER FOUR is the thrilling launch of a series about an exceptional group of teens as they struggle to outrun their past, discover their future—and live a normal life on Earth.

I AM NUMBER FOUR.
I AM NEXT.
3 STARS - I LIKED IT ENOUGH

My Review:

The action scenes are great, full of suspense, anticipation, and written in such a flowing, easy style that had you easily absorbed in the book. Also, the beginning has such a great opening! It was definitely attention-grabbing, immediately sucking you in.

However, there wasn't much action compared to the rest of the book which was full of world building, character mistakes and growth, and love scenes [nothing R-Rated, just kissing and hand holding]. While I'm usually okay with all of that, especially in a book as thick as this one, the plot was slightly predictable, and I found John and Sarah's love to be too cheesy for my liking.

I Am Number Four is a good start of a new series. I'll wait to read the next book before making my final judgments on continuing the series or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment