Sunday, May 22, 2011

In My Mailbox (32)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren.

I honestly thought that I wouldn't be getting anymore books after last week's IMM. But, I forgot that AP Lit has a required summer reading list. Plus, since I took AP Lang instead of Brit Lit, I have even more books/poems/stories to read. What fun. -__-

It's a good thing that all of the classics were on sale for only $3 at Book-A-Million!

The Norton Anthology: English Literature
Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston
How to Read Literature Like a Professor by Thomas C. Foster
A Lesson Before Dying by Ernest J. Gaines
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald [read this last year, but wanted a copy]
The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde [sis wanted this]
Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
Tess of the D'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy
The Canterbury Tales by Geoffrey Chaucer
King Lear by William Shakespeare

And that's not even all of the books that I got or need from the list. My sis gave me some of her books that I needed like Beowolf, The Awakening by Kate Chopin, Hamlet and Macbeth by William Shakespeare, and I'm going to have to hunt down the other Brit books that I need to read by the end of the summer.

No links this week. I don't have the time, and well... you should already have an inkling of most of the books' plots. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment