Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Bookish Goals for 2013

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by the Broke and Bookish.

Lol, I turned this into more bookish/blogging goals of 2013.

Top Six Bookish Goals For 2013

1. Read more books.
I started college again today, and I know that I won't have nearly as much time to read until the semester starts winding down in May, but I really want to read more than I did last semester. I barely read more than two books a month back then, and that was counting manga.

2. Write more reviews.
I was really in a reading/reviewing funk a while ago when I started college, so I didn't write as many reviews as I usually did, but I think I'm getting better at expressing my opinions and writing about how I felt about books, so I want to write more reviews! And not just book reviews. Since I've been getting into watching a lot of movies and tv shows now, I want to try to write reviews for those too.

3. Update more.
What can I say? Even though I always feel like I've got nothing to do half of the time, I'm still always busy doing something, and blogging usually isn't a first priority. It's near the top, but blogging about my latest experiences always takes too much time, which always puts me off on writing them since I feel like I could be using that time doing something else...like reading fanfiction, lol.

4. Complete all of my reading challenges.
I think I only completed three out of seven challenges last year, which was not what I was expecting. Yeah, I knew a few of them would be challenging to do (I never have time to listen/pay attention to audiobooks!), but I expected to complete most of them. This year, I'm only challenging myself to four, so I better complete them all, lol.

5. Participate in memes more regularly.
Since I'm usually busy or don't have any inspiration for a lot of memes, I only do them sporadically when I finally have something to blog about. So, this year, I'm going to try to do memes like this more regularly, hopefully doing them all weekly instead of biweekly/monthly, lol.

6. Read more standalone books.
It's ironic that I read so many series/trilogies when I hate having to wait for the next book to be published because of the cliffhangers and the fact that I always end up forgetting many things that transpired in the first book by the time the second comes out. That's why I love reading standalone books where I know that it'll have a final, concluding ending, so I want to read more of those types of books this year, which will be difficult since I have way more series books than I do standalone, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment