Name: Giants Beware!
Author: Jorge Aguirre & Rafael Rosado
Expected publication: April 10, 2012
Publisher: First Second
Summary taken from goodreads:
Make way for Claudette the giant slayer in this delightful, fantastical adventure!
Claudette’s fondest wish is to slay a giant. But her village is so safe and quiet! What’s a future giant slayer to do?
With her best friend Marie (an aspiring princess), and her brother Gaston (a pastry-chef-to-be), Claudette embarks on a super-secret quest to find a giant—without parental permission. Can they find and defeat the giant before their parents find them and drag them back home? Giants Beware! offers up a wondrous, self-contained world in the tradition of the very best of Pixar. Claudette and her friends will have you laughing out loud from page one.
2.5 STARS - I LIKED IT ENOUGH
My thoughts while reading this:
- Before Claudette's name was revealed, I thought that she was a boy, what with her short hair and rude, brash behavior.
- Gaston is one cool kid; he's basically a chef and wants to also make swords!
- Marie would make an awesome princess; she's got a brain.
- For little kids, their vocabulary is amazing.
- The character developement was nice even though I really was annoyed by Claudette in the beginning.
- I like the art in here.
- I wish they talked more about Claudette and Gaston's mom.
All in all, a cute story that I'm sure many kids will enjoy.