Monday, March 26, 2012

Awesome Book Titles

I was randomly looking around goodreads the other day and saw this super awesome title: 

Mister Death's Blue-Eyed Girls

How can you not be intrigued?

And then I read the summary and was even more intrigued. 

Title: Mister Death's Blue-Eyed Girls
Author: Mary Downing Hahn
Pages: 328
Publication: April 17, 2012
Summary taken from goodreads: 
Based on an actual crime in 1955, this YA novel is at once a mystery and a coming-of-age story. The brutal murder of two teenage girls on the last day of Nora Cunningham's junior year in high school throws Nora into turmoil. Her certainties, friendships, religion, her prudence, her resolve to find a boyfriend taller than she is - are shaken or cast off altogether.

Most people in Elmgrove, Maryland, share the comforting conviction that Buddy Novak, who had every reason to want his ex-girlfriend dead, is responsible for the killings. Nora agrees at first, then begins to doubt Buddy's guilt, and finally comes to believe him innocent - the lone dissenting voice in Elmgrove.

Told from several different perspectives, including that of the murderer,Mister Death's Blue-Eyed Girls is a suspenseful page-turner with a powerful human drama at its core.
And I like the cover; it's so simple and authentic. 

I also found this amazing cover. I just love it! I'm probably going to buy this book just for the cover alone. There isn't a summary yet, but I've already put it on my to-read list, lol. 


Doesn't it look like it come straight from some contemporary anime? I absolutely love the setting, and the title is also quite awesome. The cover doesn't really convey the darkness that the title says, but it definitely has the lovely part down pat. XD

But yeah, I've got to go... soooo... I'll see ya later!


pointy.star

1 comment:

  1. The frist one sounds really good. I haven't heard of either of these but now I must go find them! *scoots away to goodreads*

    ReplyDelete