Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Top Ten Tuesdays: Books I Want To Reread

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by the Broke and Bookish.

So, this is a meme that I've been wanting to do for a while, but never really had the time to do. I still don't have time, but I'm going to do the topics that interests me. :) Too bad, I couldn't do last week's topic, though...

It was really easy picking this week's books since I had already looked through my favorite books because of my AP Lit project that I was working on last week. Just flipping through a few pages made me want to stop everything and start reading the book again. It was really hard. :P

In no particular order, these are the top ten books that I really want to reread:


1. Blood Red Road by Moira Young Such an awesome book! The suspense, the action, the romance, the characters, the writing, everything. It's just that great. I CAN'T FLIPPIN WAIT FOR THE SEQUEL. I will most likely have reread Blood Red Road once or twice again before the sequel is released. :P


2. Tomorrow, When the War Began by John Marsden Again, a really awesome book!The characters, the premise, the action and suspense, the writing... again, everything. I would have already bought and devoured the rest of the series if my TBR pile wasn't so gigantic.


3. The Year of Secret Assignments by Jaclyn Moriarty I've loved this book since I read it in the 6th grade. My copy is pretty worn out because of all of the lending I've done with it over the years. And every person who's borrowed it from me has always ended up at least liking it. :)


4. I'll Be There by Holly Goldberg Sloan Guh. This book was epically amazing. I think it's my all-time favorite contemporary book so far. I mean, the book is amazing. Amazing characters (well, besides the bad guys), amazing writing, amazing plot, and amazing message. I also really like the fact that I'll Be There is a favorite song of mine by Taeyang. :D


5. Graceling by Kristin Cashore I love everything about this book. Probably my all-time favorite fantasy book ever. Katsa and Po are amazing characters. I wished that the sequel included them in it. :(


6. Little Brother by Cory Doctorow I love this so much! I read this book before 1984, so I never knew how much foreshadowing there was just in Marcus's screenname, "w1n5t0n", and the role that he would play in the book. I definitely want to reread this book because I loved it, and to see if there are any more 1984 allusions.


7. Drums, Girls, & Dangerous Pie by Jordan Sonnenblick This book. Just so emotional near the climax. My eyes started watering. I think that was the first book that ever made me really feel so much for its characters. Also, I recently bought a copy of the book's sequel (or is it a companion?), so I think I'll find time to reread this book first before diving into After Ever After.


8. Where She Went by Gayle Forman My reasoning is because I've already read If I Stay twice, so I have to read this one again. :P That, and because I really fell in love with Adam in this one. So much emotion in here, too!


9. The Cry of Icemark by Stuart Hill Another book that I really loved this book in the 6th grade. Epic fantasy at its best. If you love books that have wars that have countries allied with mythological creatures, this book is meant for you. :)


10. Bloomability by Sharon Creech Also another book that I absolutely loved in the 6th grade. I'm really glad that my sister told me to read it. The characters, the setting, the writing, the dialogue -- all amazing. Loved, loved, loved Guthrie. XD


This basically turned into a post mainly concerning some of my all-time favorite books, lol. -__-" But those are the books that I will always be eager to read again and again no matter how many times I've already read them. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment