Sunday, July 7, 2013

Movie Review: This Is the End

Title: This Is the End
Running time: 107 minutes
Release date: June 12, 2013
Rating: R
Summary taken from IMDb:
While attending a party at James Franco's house, Seth Rogen, Jay Baruchel and many other celebrities are faced with the apocalypse.
2.5 STARS - I LIKED IT ENOUGH

MY REVIEW:

Maybe it was because I had my expectations too high for this movie since it seemed really awesome when I watched the trailer months in advance, but yeah, I was kind of disappointed with THIS IS THE END.

I think my main problem with the movie was the characters. Almost all of them were so self-absorbed that it was hard to like them since they were so stuck up their asses. And there was no character growth until the very end, so it was really difficult for me to sympathize with any of them.

Also, it was really hard taking the plot seriously when the special effects were really obvious. I thought that with their budget, they would be able to have better GC effects. I mean seriously, half of the flames looked like something I would see on YouTube.

The ending wasn't that great either since it was really rushed, and I didn't think that they deserved what happened to them so quickly, especially since their individual reasons for being left alive was barely even acknowledged, so how could their last few actions save them?

No comments:

Post a Comment