Friday, June 14, 2013

To This Day Project

Last year, I was introduced to spoken word poetry because of an event at Mercer. I thought that it was really cool but never really looked into listening to anymore after the Battle of the Bands was over. That was my mistake.

Just a few minutes ago, I watched the most beautiful, powerful spoken word video ever. It's called "To This Day Project - Shane Koyczan". It deals with bullying, and it is so so stunning. His voice, his projection, his emotions were so spot on and impacting, I was just swept up into the video. And the graphics and art were equally amazing; they flowed so well with the poem and were just as dynamic and impressive as the words being spoken.

And the meaning of this whole project? It hits you hard with just how accurate it is, and it's just as devastating to realize just how many children grow up being bullied, feeling like they're less than nothing. Bullying is a big issue; it's been a big issue for a long time, so long that I think most people forget just how harmful it can become if it's taken too far. We really need to fix it, and I think that this video does a great job of pointing out the effects of bullying and its side-effects for the victims. 

Anyway, enough of my praises. Just watch the video, it's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment