Friday, June 7, 2013

Dusty Reads: The Monstrumologist (The Monstrumologist, #1) by Rick Yancey

Dusty Reads is a weekly post featuring a book that has been sitting unread on my home shelf for some time.


Title: The Monstrumologist (The Monstrumologist, #1)
Author: Rick Yancey
Pages: 447
Publication: September 22, 2009
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
Summary taken from goodreads:
These are the secrets I have kept. This is the trust I never betrayed. But he is dead now and has been for more than forty years, the one who gave me his trust, the one for whom I kept these secrets. The one who saved me . . . and the one who cursed me.

So starts the diary of Will Henry, orphaned assistant to Dr. Pellinore Warthorpe, a man with a most unusual specialty: monstrumology, the study of monsters. In his time with the doctor, Will has met many a mysterious late-night visitor, and seen things he never imagined were real. But when a grave robber comes calling in the middle of the night with a gruesome find, he brings with him their most deadly case yet.

A gothic tour de force that explores the darkest heart of man and monster and asks the question: When does man become the very thing he hunts?
I won this book and its sequel in an online contest a couple of years ago and still have yet to read it. For some reason, I was sent two copies of the books, so I let my friend have a copy of them since she was interested in it. She read it almost immediately and loved it just as quickly. She's been telling me to read the series for ages now, lol.

And yet I always forget about it...

Like I say for all of my books: I will get to it eventually. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment