Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Some TV shows I'm watching: Beauty and the Beast & Elementary

Finished watching:

My roommates started watching this a few weeks ago on Netflix, and I ended up getting addicted to it too by the end of the first season. (I even made a website for it for my Doc & Webdesign class, lol.) The whole family is hilarious! After watching finishing the second season, we were disappointed to find out that we couldn't watch the third season since it was currently ongoing, so now we have to wait for basically, forever for it to be put on Netflix, lol.


My roommate and I wanted to watch something quick for a break before we started studying/doing our homework, and we ended up watching this because I had been meaning to watch it for a while now and because she had watched the first few episodes of the series before forgetting about it. Big mistake. We started watching it a few days before it was finals week, so we were always wanting to quit studying (or not even begin studying, lol) to watch the show. Luckily, we had a few days and the weekend to stay up til three or four watching the show after we finished studying around midnight. Then, on Deidra's last day of finals, we finished the first season since I only had to finish writing one paper due on Saturday, and oh man! That cliffhanger! Now we have to wait forever for the second season to get on Netflix before finally finding out what happens!


My sis and I started watching this drama last Thursday night when we were in the midst of finishing up finals week, and oh my God, I finally remembered why I hardly ever watched Idol Kdramas: they are so stupid! We watched the first episode on Thursday night, and I don't even know how many times I said, "You are an idiot." or "You're so stupid!" or something of the like and facepalming myself every 10 minutes. The first few episodes are always really dumb and ridiculous while setting up the plot. -__-" But yeah, we still continued to watch it because of Minho and the guy who plays Eun Gyul and all of the artists that we recognize, lol. Lol, ever since the break ended, we've been staying up til three or four in the morning watching the drama, and we finally finished it last night.



Currently Watching:

It was actually kind of ironic on how I started watching this show. I was in the library, on the computer, about to start working on reading some articles to get quotes from for my upcoming Gendered Lives test, when I remembered about this tv show and how I never even knew what it was about other than the fact that it was a new adaptation of the fairy tale, so I went onto the website and found out that you could watch the videos online. So I ended up watching the first episode and doing my work on the commercial breaks, lol. I thought that it was interesting enough, so I ended up watching the second episode and not getting very far in my reading before I decided to go home and hoping to actually get some real work done. -__-" But yeah, I like the series enough, but I never have the time or remember to actually watch it on tv every week, so I always end up catching up on the episodes online when I'm not busy since it's still ongoing right now, and I'd rather wait a week or two and watch two episodes than wait every week and be annoyed by a cliffhanger, lol.


I actually watched the first episode of Elementary on tv when it premiered because I've always been interested in Sherlock Holmes adaptions ever since I watched the movies and then hearing about how the BBC show, Sherlock, is full of misogyny made me not want to ever watch that series, so Elementary felt like a nice, new beginning for Sherlock Holmes adaptations. I liked the first episode enough, but I forgot all about the series until I started following thequeenofattolia on tumblr because she reblogged scenes from the show occasionally. So, after watching Beauty and the Beast online, I checked out Elementary and found out that it also showed all of its past episodes online, so I started watching it too. So now I catch up on it and Beauty and the Beast when I have time--which I don't have a lot of right now apparently; I need to finish packing for the cruise that we're going to tomorrow. :\


What will I do after we finish catching up online of the two shows? Maybe catch up on sleep? Maybe read a book or two? :P

We'll see. Hopefully I'll be able to do both on the cruise. I'm going to be on a boat in the middle of the ocean when the world supposedly ends. We shall see. :P But yeah, I won't be back until the 23rd, and I'll prolly be too tired and lazy to do anything for a day or two, so peace out until then!


pointy.star

No comments:

Post a Comment