Dusty Reads is a weekly post featuring a book that has been sitting unread on my home shelf for some time.
Title: The Boyfriend List (Ruby Oliver #1)
Author: E. Lockhart
Publication: September 26, 2006
Summary taken from goodreads:
E. Lockhart’s spot-on dialogue and descriptions of painfully but hilariously relatable situations make this young adult novel an addictive read. Fifteen-year-old Ruby has had a rough ten days. During that time she:
- lost her boyfriend (#13 on the list)
- lost her best friend (Kim)
- lost all her other friends (Nora, Cricket)
- did something suspicious with a boy (#10)
- did something advanced with a boy (#15)
- had an argument with a boy (#14)
- had a panic attack
- lost a lacrosse game (she's the goalie)
- failed a math test (she'll make it up)
- hurt Meghan's feelings (even though they aren't really friends)
- became a social outcast (no one to sit with at lunch)
- had graffiti written about her in the girls' bathroom (who knows what was in the boys'!?!)
But don't worry—Ruby lives to tell the tale. And make more lists.
I heard that this series was really cute and funny and I have the three out of the four books, so why haven't I read them yet??
Not to mention, they're all pretty short!
Le sigh. College life makes it hard to want to read anything longer than 100 pages, lol.