Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Quick [Random] Question # 4

I've decided to rename Quick [Random] Thought to Quick [Random] Question since that's what these end up being anyway. :P So yeah, I'll leave all of my old posts's titles alone, but all of the new ones will be under Question instead of Thought.

Anyway, I have a deep question today. :P

If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do?

I mean, why do we keep on torturing ourselves and suffering through decisions that we don't even like when we should be focusing on doing what makes us happy? When you think about it, it doesn't really make sense to keep on doing things that we don't like -- unless it's the law or something, anyway. 

And the only reason I can think of that explains why we like so many things that we don't do is because it's like that old saying, "You want what you can't have." 

I know from personal experience that I'm more likely to be jealous of someone's skills or ability just because they're so good at it, whereas I'm not. :P And I know that I can't compete with that other person, so I hardly ever try, unless it's just for fun and jokes. 

Anyway, I'm not even sure where I'm going with this. My AP Lit class has made me automatically think that this is an essay or something, so I should back up every data sentence I have with at least two commentary sentences, which is something that I do not want to do right now since I have to finish my in-class essay using that method tomorrow, and I'm totally no where near done with it.

But today was pretty fun. Seth, Jackie, and I went to Taco Bell after school and hung out for a while. Seth, Meethu, and I went there yesterday, which was also pretty fun. I hope we don't go to Taco Bell everyday since I'd rather not spend so much money no matter how cheap the food is. :P


Anyway, I'm gonna go and read or something since I actually don't have any homework today! :D

Ta!



pointy.star 

No comments:

Post a Comment