Saturday, October 11, 2014

Periods suck.

I've had my period since the summer of sixth or seventh grade, so I've had my period for quite a while now, and I still hate having it every month. For the past couple of years, it's been getting worse for me, which really sucks.

I used to never get period cramps until starting the past two or three years. At first, I had no idea what was going on until my sis suggested that it was cramps, but it was such a foreign thing to me since I had never experienced it until then, that I really hated it. Luckily, my roommate gave me some Midol a few months after I started getting cramps since she has really bad cramps as well, so now I can usually handle them. I guess another good thing is that I only get cramps on the first day of my period, so I don't have to worry about being in pain for the rest of my period.

Another symptom that's recently starting to happen to me is getting migraines during my period. For the past few months, I would randomly get mild migraines that would last for a couple of hours. It's really annoying. :(


Everything about having periods make me so tired and lazy. I don't want to do anything productive, especially during the first few days of my period. Like, I was supposed to meet up with Krista and her bf today at the fair since I haven't seen her in ages, but I woke up feeling terrible because of my cramps, and I don't know if I'm getting sick or not, but I was sneezing like crazy before alternating between having a runny and stuffy nose. So yeah, I felt really gross and anti-social, so I had to cancel plans. Luckily, we're gonna try to see each other tomorrow if I feel better.

I'm still seeing David later today since I feel a bit better and because I really need an accountability partner to make me do homework so that today doesn't become a total waste because of my period. He was originally supposed to come over after I came back from the fair today to do homework together since we both have so much to do (that was why he wasn't going to the fair with me earlier today), and it's already 4:30, and I still haven't done anything productive besides folding laundry. D:

But yeah, here are some videos about why having periods suck. :P

Superwoman is one of my favorite YouTubers I started following over the summer, and she totally explains how it's like for a girl on her period, lol. Her first video was so popular that she made another one. XD



And then ASAP Science had a collab with her to answer the question if it was true that periods make women moody, which was very informative.



So yeah, get edumacated and think about this:

No comments:

Post a Comment