Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Top Ten Favorite Unconventionally Written Books

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by the Broke and Bookish.

It's a freebie week, so I decided to write about some of my favorite books that are written in letters, emails, scraps of paper, different grammar, etc.

Top Ten Favorite Unconventionally Written Books:

Favorite favorite favorite book. It's written through letters, emails, notes, and notebooks, and it's just so fantastic and funny and serious at times, too.

If you haven't read any Ellen Hopkin books, then you don't know about how creative she is about formatting her pages. For example, sometimes, she'll have her words spaced out so that they resemble one big letter on a  page to help prove her point. Her creativity astounds me every time I read one of her books.

Written without quotation marks and in it's own dialect, this book is awesome. The action scenes and even emotional ones are depicted so well with its writing style.

Written as a journal of how Ellie and her group of friends are dealing with the sudden invasion in their town in 
Australia, it's just so personal and engaging.

The book is written in letters to basically a stranger, and it chronicles everything that Charlie has been through, which is heartbreaking and heartwarming and endearing. Such an awesome book; I still can't believe that I haven't seen the movie yet!

This amazing book is written in blog posts, and it has the same personal feelings like it does with letters. I also loved how you could even read the comments to all of her posts. I later found out that the book started out as a blog online before the author was contacted to write an actual book, so basically half of the book was online already, and she used some of the actual comments on her blog in the book, which was totally cool. 

More poetry! It's short and sparse and it makes an impact. 

This is written in letters, papers, notes, and some other ways that I can't remember, but the story was so sweet and cute and heartwarming. Definitely one of my favorite books. 

Even more poetry! Or I guess it could be a ballad or epic since it's a retelling/narrative of Elaine of Ascolat during King Arthur's time. Yeah...if you couldn't tell, I haven't read that book in a while, but I definitely remember loving it. 

This book isn't really written unconventionally, but the way the story is narrated is not common, so I wanted to include this book as well. Not to mention, I thought that Frankie was an awesome prankster.

No comments:

Post a Comment