Monday, November 19, 2012

Dusty Reads: In the Path of Falling Objects by Andrew Smith

Dusty Reads is a weekly post featuring a book that has been sitting unread on my home shelf for some time.

Title: In the Path of Falling Objects
Author: Andrew Smith
Pages: 326
Publication: September 29, 2009
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
Summary taken from goodreads:
Jonah and his younger brother, Simon, are on their own. They set out to find what’s left of their family, carrying between them ten dollars, a backpack full of dirty clothes, a notebook, and a stack of letters from their brother, who is serving a tour in Vietnam. And soon into their journey, they have a ride. With a man and a beautiful girl who may be in love with Jonah. Or Simon. Or both of them. 
The man is crazy. The girl is desperate. This violent ride is only just beginning. And it will leave the brothers taking cover from hard truths about loyalty, love, and survival that crash into their lives. 
One more thing: The brothers have a gun. They’re going to need it.
It's been a while since I've done this meme. Hopefully doing this will remind me of all of the books I still need to read and make me want to find the time to read them, lol.

Anyway, ever since I read The Marbury Lens by Andrew Smith, I've been dying to see how his other books are like, and this book's summary completely caught my attention so I had to immediately buy it. It has everything that I love: roadtrip/journey, a notebook and letters, and a mystery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment