Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Quotes From Books

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by the Broke and Bookish.

Right now, my AP Lit class is reviewing all of the books that we had read this year, and part of the reviewing process includes finding at least one quote from all of the books that ties along with one of the themes that we had to come up with. I don't usually write down my favorite quotes in books (if I do, I generally end up losing the paper -__-"), so some of the quotes that I listed here are from classics that I recently had to remember. :)

(And of course, I couldn't not have quotes from Harry Potter.)

Top Ten Favorite Quotes From Books:

“Your memory is a monster; you forget - it doesn't. It simply files things away. It keeps things for you, or hides things from you - and summons them to your recall with will of its own. You think you have a memory; but it has you!”   
- John Irving, A Prayer for Owen Meany 

“I want you to show them the difference between what they think you are and what you can be.”  
- Ernest J. Gaines, A Lesson Before Dying

"A hero does for others. He would do anything for people he loves, because he knows it would make their lives better. I am not that kind of person, but I want you to be. You could give something to her, to me, to those children in the quarter. You could give them something that I never could. They expect it from me, but not from you. The white people out there are saying you don't have it--that you're a hog, not a man. But I know they are wrong. You have the potentials. We all have, no matter who we are." 
- Ernest J. Gaines, A Lesson Before Dying







2 comments:

  1. These images with the quotes are gorgeous and make them even more inspiring. If I could dive into one of them, I would.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, what a fun post. You've given me idea for my classroom!

    ReplyDelete