Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Productive Procrastination

This year, I noticed that when I'm avoiding homework or reading books that I do not really want to read (usually required reading for AP Lit) and have nothing to do on the interwebs, I end up doing some sort of...cleaning. 

Like, last week, when I couldn't handle studying for my AP Calc exams anymore, I decided to take a break. That break lasted for a couple of hours, and in between catching up on blogs online and listening to music, I started looking through all of the clothes in my closet, trying to see if I could get rid of any of them since I was seriously running out of room. 


I've already done that a couple of times this year. Even though I usually only end up taking two or three shirts out every time, it's still better than keeping them all and trying to squish all of my clothes together in there. And all of the clothes go into an accumulating bag of clothes that I donate to Goodwill every once in a while. 

Other times when I'm procrastinating, I'll notice that my floor's dirty, so I end up vacuuming my room, because I'd be distracted until I cleaned my room. And while I'm in the process of moving my stuff around so that I can vacuum, I'll usually notice that my room's really dusty, too, so I'll end up dusting everything before I vacuum. So in the end, my room is a lot cleaner than it was before I finally get back to doing my homework. 

The cleaning usually happens at least once a month when I'm not in a reading mood on a random weekend when I don't have anything to do. Other times, I'll just spend the whole day reading or doing stuff online, but every once in a while, I'll have this urge to clean instead. 

I just wondered if I was the only one who had these random cleaning binges, lol. 

And now, I must go study for my Physics test, since it's tomorrow, and I always read a book whenever he teaches in class. :P

Ta!


pointy.star

1 comment:

  1. Hello.
    Visiting from the post A-Z Road Trip.

    I'm a disorganized hoarder...drives my neat-freak wife crazy. She always says everything has it's rightful place & if it's not there then it's trash...I can't tell you the number of things of mine she has thrown out because they weren't in their "proper home"!
    Good luck with the exams! Thanks for sharing.

    Thoughts Of Beauty In The Stillness Of Dawn...

    ReplyDelete