Monday, May 21, 2012

Bout of Books Read-a-Thon Wrap-Up

I reached my goal of reading four books! :D

Granted, I only accomplished this because I decided to not write my extra credit paper for AP Calc because my sis and I talked about it and she made this awesome point of pointing out that I'm not failing the class--so what if I have a B in there--and it's pointless now anyway. I've already been accepted into my college and I'm still ranked in the top ten percent of my grade regardless of my final grade in there; I don't have to do anything for that class anymore.

So I read and cleaned my room over the weekend instead, lol.

Anyway, during the challenge, I read Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini, Coffeehouse Angel by Suzanne Selfors, Zombie Tag by Hannah Moskowitz, and Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally. And I read 1089 pages in all! :D



I'm happy that I accomplished my goal. Normally, I only read two books a week since I'm so busy with school and other things, although I occasionally can read three books a week, so reading four books last week was pretty cool, even though I sort of felt pressured to continue reading, lol.

But the pressure wasn't even really coming from the read-a-thon; it was more because I've been cleaning my room, which means moving my books around, and I have realized once again that I have way too many TBR books piled up in my room. Over 250 of them. O__O And it's a lot once you think about it. I mean, I average around 180 books a year, and that includes manga and manhwa and graphic novels. I own around 220 books and 30 manga/graphic novels that I need to read. It's a bit overwhelming when I think about it all.

But yeah, I'm going to try to read as many books as I can over the summer since I know that I most likely won't have much reading time once I start college. Hopefully, I'll make a sizable dent in my enormous TBR pile by the end of the summer. Maybe join a few more read-a-thons to help motivated me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment