Friday, March 18, 2011

The Good and the Bad

Lol, I first typed The Good and The Abd as the title. Abd...Abbed...get it? XD
 
Or am I the only one who noticed that...? o__O

Anyway, recently, Japan has been going through some really tough times. First, an 8.9 earthquake struck, causing a whole bunch of fires, and the country was hit by an unexpected tsunami. Now its citizens are in a panic about their nuclear power reactors possibly exploding.

I haven't really had the time to read all of the articles, so I'm not totally sure exactly what's going on with the nuclear reactors part, but yeah, Japan's still going through some rough times, and I feel awful about it.

For the past few weeks, I've been busy worrying about my own life, which seems very insignificant compared to the thousands of people who have lost their lives or are missing in Japan.

I really hope that things will get better. Japan's been hit so hard and so suddenly, and it's just not right. Japan shouldn't be suffering so much.

Here's some pictures that really speaks for everything I can't seem to articulate.
















You can see the rest of the pics from this site here.

So here's some good news to counter that somber bit of reality: I'm finally done with my graduation tests!

Testing was from Monday through Thursday this week, lasting for three class periods each day. Although I was kind of iffy on some of the answers for every section, I'm pretty sure that I passed, so I'm not too worried about not graduating anymore. :D

Actually, all of my major tests are finally over! I took the National Latin Exam last Friday and completely guessed on almost all of the questions, which is okay, if I bombed it since it doesn't count as a grade at all.


On Saturday, I took the SATs running on three hours of sleep. Needless to say, I zombied through the second half of the thing. It lasted from 8-1 in the afternoon! My brain was completely fried by the end of the day, especially since I hadn't had any caffeine at all.

If only it really was like this. XD

Lol, I just found out that there's a controversy going on about the essay part of the SATs.

Here's the topic that we had:
Reality television programs, which feature real people engaged in real activities rather than professional actors performing scripted scenes, are increasingly popular. These shows depict ordinary people competing in everything from singing and dancing to losing weight, or just living their everyday lives. Most people believe that the reality these shows portray is authentic, but they are being misled. How authentic can these shows be when producers design challenges for the participants and then editors alter filmed scenes?

Do people benefit from forms of entertainment that show so-called reality, or are such forms of entertainment harmful?
Since I don't watch tv, I didn't really know what to write about although Jersey Shore immediately popped into my mind as I was reading the topic [I've never watched the show, but everyone's talked about how stupid everyone on there is, so I got the basics :P].

In the end, I didn't even write about Jersey Shore. I wrote about how reality shows help its viewers by showing an example of what could happen to people and the consequences that they would have to go through. Basically, you don't have to experience the stupidity that people on tv go through. :P

Back to my earlier topic... so yeah, I finished all of my major tests since I only had to worry about my graduation tests this week, and I was officially finished with that Thursday afternoon. Hallelujah~ XD


Now I only have to worry about my AP Bio test next Wednesday, my research paper that's due next Thursday, and my US History test on Friday. And I'm pretty sure I have some other quizzes thrown in there, too, since it's the last week before Spring Break.

I'm going to be so stressed out until Spring Break finally starts. ;__;

Anyway, that's it for now. 
Cya laters~


pointy.star

No comments:

Post a Comment