Monday, March 28, 2011

Book Review: Promise (Soul Savers #1) by Kristi Cook

Title: Promise (Soul Savers #1)
Author: Kristi Cook
Pages: 368
Publication: July 30, 2010
Publisher: Ang'dora Productions
Summary taken from goodreads:
Alexis Ames decides to learn who she really is, with or without the help of her mother, who guards their secrets closely. After meeting Tristan Knight and discovering that he's not normal either, the secrets begin to unravel. Their union brings promise to the future of mankind. But it also incites a dangerous pursuit by the enemy. Because they are a match made in Heaven and in Hell.
2 STARS - IT WAS OKAY

My Review:

This book just...didn't really hold my interest.

The main reason why I even finished the book was because I initially kept on telling myself that the book would get better if I just got a little farther in the story, but then I was more than half way through with it, and I still didn't care if I ever finished the book. It became an obligation by then for me to finish reading Promise because of the fact that I was almost done with the book anyway, so I might as well finish it.

There were a couple of reasons why I did not enjoy Promise so much. While there were some good scenes and interesting action sequences, the cons outweighed the pros. For one, there were so many cheesy romantic scenes in the book that had me groaning almost every time; I'm just glad that most of them were only one- or two-liners. Alexis kind of pissed me off at the climax and the whole time afterwords -- her attitude and actions just made her suddenly seem like this weak, needy girl who didn't want to understand what was going on. And the way that the story was told just didn't interest me enough to want to read it immediately, which is why it took me so long to finish Promise (other than the fact that I had a very busy life for the past few weeks).

Anyway, I'm sure that many people will enjoy this first book of the Soul Saver series. I, however, did not.

No comments:

Post a Comment