Sunday, September 21, 2014

Dusty Reads: Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins

Dusty Reads is a weekly post featuring a book that has been sitting unread on my home shelf for some time.


Title: Lola and the Boy Next Door (Anna and the French Kiss #2)
Author: Stephanie Perkins
Pages: 338
Publication: September 29, 2011
Publisher: Dutton Books
Summary taken from goodreads:
Budding designer Lola Nolan doesn’t believe in fashion...she believes in costume. The more expressive the outfit--more sparkly, more fun, more wild--the better. But even though Lola’s style is outrageous, she’s a devoted daughter and friend with some big plans for the future. And everything is pretty perfect (right down to her hot rocker boyfriend) until the dreaded Bell twins, Calliope and Cricket, return to the neighborhood. 
When Cricket--a gifted inventor--steps out from his twin sister’s shadow and back into Lola’s life, she must finally reconcile a lifetime of feelings for the boy next door.
I remember buying this book almost as soon as it came out because I really loved the author's first book, ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS. This book sounded so great and interesting and fluffy and just as humorous as the first book, and I have no idea on why I didn't start reading this book immediately. 

Now it's too late because my sister took it with her when she moved out since she said that she had a higher chance of actually reading it before I did (she still hasn't read it -__-"), so even if I wanted to read the book, I can't. I'm hopefully going to see her on Friday, so maybe I can get it back from her, but the chances of me reading it anytime soon is still pretty slim...

No comments:

Post a Comment