Thursday, September 18, 2014

Teen Wolf Season 4 is Over

The fourth season of Teen Wolf is finally over, and I'm not sure how I feel about it. :\ I finished watching the season finale with Jackie last Monday but didn't really have the time to process it since I've been so busy since then.

Obviously this post is going to contain some spoilers so don't read this if you haven't seen the finale yet. Or the whole season. :P

Not gonna lie, this whole season has been pretty meh compared to past seasons. My friends and I weren't as excited to watch the episodes this season. We almost immediately forgot the plot after we watched each episode.

Don't get me wrong, there was a pretty good plot twist and some characters had a good arc, but overall, the show wasn't as great as it could have been. I mean, we were completely criticizing all of the plot holes in the first episode!

I'm really happy with Derek's character growth throughout the seasons though. I just loved how he slowly learned how to be happy and content with himself.

I also liked how Parish had a bigger role in this season because he seemed like an interesting character last season. I'm looking forward to finding out what type of creature he is--while mocking all of the plot holes that it's inevitably going to reveal. I really hope that he's a dragon, lol. Dunno how that'd work, but I'm all for it. Or for him to really be a phoenix! :D


But the season finale gave me mixed feelings. There were some good parts and there were some bad parts. The good parts involved Derek almost dying and being okay with it before evolving into a wolf and being naked afterwards. And the Sterek scenes, can't forget about that. :P It was clearly put in the show to appeal to the fans because that was the first time Stiles and Derek were actually in a scene together talking to each other all season, and there were lots of looks and eye contact and snark for fangirls to have a heart attack.

The bad parts mainly involved Kate Argent escaping--Christ should have just shot her!--and Peter still being alive. I'm not saying that Scott should have killed him, but I'm saying that Scott should have killed him. XD

So yeah, kind of disappointed with this season, but I'm still going to watch season five, which is coming out some time next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment