Thursday, June 5, 2014

Long Distance Relationship Irony

I've always said that I could never do long distance relationships, and guess what. I'm basically having one. -__-" Granted, he'll be back in 5 weeks, but still. My first relationship and it pretty much starts off as a long distance relationship. The irony, man. -__-


I just can't believe that I realized this now, lol. I was always dead sure that I could never do long distance since I've always been a out-of-sight-out-of-mind kind of person, but guess what. I still think about him every day. Having his phone helps remind me, but I'm pretty sure that I'd still think of him every day without it.

But that's not the only thing that I've been thinking about. David and I aren't even official yet; we're still just dating. Like I said in an earlier post, I'm not even sure if I'll still like him as much by the time he comes back and vice versa. And Shanice said something to me a few days ago that has me wondering even more about how this summer is going to turn out.

She said that even some couples who have been together for a year don't last when put in a long distance relationship. So on one hand, if I still like him by the time he comes back, I must like him a lot, but on the other hand, if I don't like him or lose interest or forget about him by the time he comes back, I don't think we could workout.

And I don't know what to feel about this. Obviously, if the former happens, I'll be happy because having a crush and dating is fun, but if the latter happens, then I'm not sure if I can learn to like him again if I lost interest in the first place and because I don't want to force myself into a relationship that I'm iffy about.

Ughhhh. Why am I thinking about this? D: It's weeks away and I should worry and overthink and stuff when it's actually closer to the time he comes back.

Okay, everything that I wrote so far was written a few days ago, which was a day after I sent him an email telling him that I missed him along with some other news and jokes. He replied the next day and we've been exchanging emails ever since, and I think my opinion has changed, lol.


Yeah, his first reply had me keyboard smashing because of his honesty and dorkiness. I still smile whenever I think about it, lol. But you can't just throw lines like "thought about you every day" and "your email actually made my day" and not expect me to dissolve into incoherent flailing, okay. That's impossible for me, especially when I haven't heard from him in a while, lol. 

That email definitely made me think about him a lot more, which is just unfair because I was finally getting used to not wanting to text him all of the stupid shit that I noticed throughout the day. Now I want to do it all over again. Not cool, man. :P

Anyway, I think we'll be okay doing this long distance thing. Hopefully we won't run out of things to say. :P We'll see. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment