Sunday, April 27, 2014

I might have an anime addiction...

Yeah...all of a sudden, I've gotten back into watching anime again... -__-"

After watching Sword Art Online and loving it, I started watching (before eventually dropping after the first or second episode) three different anime because I was still in the mood to watch anime. After dropping the three anime, I settled on Kyoukai no Kanata, which is called Beyond the Boundary in English.


I remember someone from anime club mentioning watching this anime when it first came out, so I decided to check it out since it was finished airing already. I really liked it, especially compared to the other three anime I tried to watch before this one, which probably showed since I finished it in only a few days. Then again, it was only 12 episodes. But still, I could have done a lot of my homework earlier instead of procrastinating all weekend, lol.

After I finished that anime, I started watching Tokyo Ravens because an acquaintance mentioned it on Facebook about how he enjoyed it since it just recently finished airing. I also ended up liking it, which is why I finished watching all 24 episodes over the weekend. -__-"


Then, in the span of three days I finished watching both the first and second season of Chihayafuru. -__-" Compared to the other supernatural/sci-fi anime I've been watching recently, Chihayafuru is a character-driven anime about karuta, an old card game that is still played today.


I'm still not sure why I had put it on my to-watch list ages ago, but I definitely don't regret it. It's so good! I think I need to start reading the manga since they aren't making a third season last time I checked.

I started watching La Corda d'Oro: Blue Sky because I friggin loved La Corda d'Oro, so I am all in favor of watching any spin-offs of the anime and manga. It only has four episodes out so far, so I'm regretting on starting it so early and anticipating watching every new episode, lol. But the plot's so ridiculous that I feel like I'm going crazy! XD


I also started watching this anime called Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei, which is translated into The Irregular at Magic High School. It's definitely interesting alright, especially with the little incestuous part that makes it both entertaining and cringe-worthy. I also wished that I waited to start this anime since I really want to know the main character's mysterious past and how it ties with the beginning scene in the first episode. Too bad it only has four episodes out. :(


Now, I'm in the middle of watching Accel World, which is an anime based off of the light novels by the same author of Sword Art Online. It's pretty good so far. Kind of similar to SAO, but different enough that I'm not constantly comparing the two anime.


So much anime in such a short amount of time... Random Japanese words keep on popping up in my head nowadays... On the bright side, my Japanese vocabulary is expanding, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment