Sunday, February 19, 2017

Dusty Reads: I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson

Dusty Reads is a weekly post featuring a book that has been sitting unread on my home shelf for some time.

Title: I'll Give You the Sun
Author: Jandy Nelson
Pages: 371
Publication: September 16, 2014
Publisher: Dial Books
Summary taken from goodreads:
A brilliant, luminous story of first love, family, loss, and betrayal for fans of John Green, David Levithan, and Rainbow Rowell 
Jude and her twin brother, Noah, are incredibly close. At thirteen, isolated Noah draws constantly and is falling in love with the charismatic boy next door, while daredevil Jude cliff-dives and wears red-red lipstick and does the talking for both of them. But three years later, Jude and Noah are barely speaking. 
Something has happened to wreck the twins in different and dramatic ways . . until Jude meets a cocky, broken, beautiful boy, as well as someone else—an even more unpredictable new force in her life. The early years are Noah's story to tell. The later years are Jude's. What the twins don't realize is that they each have only half the story, and if they could just find their way back to one another, they’d have a chance to remake their world.
This radiant novel from the acclaimed, award-winning author of The Sky Is Everywhere will leave you breathless and teary and laughing—often all at once.
I remember reading and absolutely loving Jandy Nelson's first book, THE SKY IS EVERYWHERE not too long after it was released. It was so well-written, and I loved all of the characters. There was just a lot of emotions that came with this book, and it left with a one of the biggest book hangovers after I finished reading it, because it was so good.

Fast forward a few years, and I found out that she was releasing a new book, so of course I preordered it and waited months and months for it to come. Then, one day, it appeared in my mailbox and I was so excited to start reading. But then homework and tests and anime got in the way, and the book started getting so many awards and recognition... Now it's 2017 and I still haven't read it. -__-"

I will get around to reading this sometime this year! I must! I've only heard great things about this book, so I'll probably devour it as quickly as I devoured THE SKY IS EVERYWHERE once I actually start reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment