Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Dusty Reads: Cinder by Marissa Meyer

Dusty Reads is a weekly post featuring a book that has been sitting unread on my home shelf for some time.

Title: Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1)
Author: Marissa Meyer
Pages: 390
Publication: Feiwel & Friends
Publisher: January 3, 2012
Summary taken from goodreads:
Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl.
Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future.
I was super excited when just the synopsis of this book came out years ago. I was even more pumped after the cover was revealed and pre-ordered the book as soon as it was available on Amazon. That was four years ago...

I think I didn't want to read it after it came out because of all of the hype. I didn't want to get my hopes up only to be disappointed because it wasn't as great as I thought it would be due to everyone else gushing about it. That, and at the time, I usually waited until a second or third book came out before reading it so that I wouldn't have to wait as long to read the next book in the series if I liked it.

Now that the series is finished, I really want to read it, especially since they all received great reviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment