Friday, December 12, 2014

Dusty Reads: Ink (Paper Gods #1) by Amanda Sun

Dusty Reads is a weekly post featuring a book that has been sitting unread on my home shelf for some time.

Title: Ink (Paper Gods #1)
Author: Amanda Sun
Pages: 369
Publication: June 25, 2013
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Summary taken from goodreads:
On the heels of a family tragedy, the last thing Katie Greene wants to do is move halfway across the world. Stuck with her aunt in Shizuoka, Japan, Katie feels lost. Alone. She doesn’t know the language, she can barely hold a pair of chopsticks, and she can’t seem to get the hang of taking her shoes off whenever she enters a building. 
Then there’s gorgeous but aloof Tomohiro, star of the school’s kendo team. How did he really get the scar on his arm? Katie isn’t prepared for the answer. But when she sees the things he draws start moving, there’s no denying the truth: Tomo has a connection to the ancient gods of Japan, and being near Katie is causing his abilities to spiral out of control. If the wrong people notice, they'll both be targets. 
Katie never wanted to move to Japan—now she may not make it out of the country alive.
I remember how excited I was about this book when just the summary was released a while ago. It sounded so cool and interesting that I wanted to read it immediately. However, I am pretty sure that the summary I read last year was a little different compared to the current one on goodreads, because I don't remember the love interest being such a big part of the summary. Then again, it's been a while, so I could be wrong.

And when the cover art was revealed, I was even more excited about the book, since it looked so pretty. Granted, you should never judge a book by its cover, but it doesn't hurt if a book looks nice. :P

Either way, I've always loved learning about Japanese culture, so any book that involved Japan in any way has always caught my interest. Hopefully the author has done her research and is accurate with her depictions of Japan.

What stumps me is why I haven't already read this book when I got a free copy to review from Harlequin Teen last year. Judging from my initial excitement about the book, you'd think that I'd have read it almost immediately. Unfortunately, I think I was too busy to read it at the time since it was near the end of the semester, so I was too busy with that to read anything. Hopefully I will have time to read this book soon since my semester's almost over.

No comments:

Post a Comment